FRESH, GLOWING AND CHILLED...A shiny secret for the next week to keep you sparkling…
Give your silver jewellery this easy once-over and amp up your glamorous sparkle in the summer sun! (With apologies for my readers in the Southern Hemisphere!)
How to keep your jewellery looking so absolutely fab-YOU-lous?
Just use my quick and easy eco-friendly method below ⇩
You will need:
- Aluminium foil
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Boiling water
- Heatproof dish/container
- Line the dish with aluminium foil.
- Place jewellery on the foil, with as much of it in contact with the foil as possible.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda over the jewellery.
- Pour boiling water into the dish covering the jewellery and allowing the fizz to do its thing.
- Wait for about 3 minutes.
- Rinse well, remove and dry.
- Polish with a jewellery polish/anti-tarnish cloth.
- This process can be repeated as many times as needed and will not remove any silver.
NB: Please do not use this method for jewellery containing stones, pearls or shells, or metals that have been plated. The only heat-safe stone is a diamond.
So, regardless of lashings of sunscreen, salt or perspiration, you can always use this simple method to make your silver shimmer again, either at home or on your travels.
Remember, if you would like to wear your pendants a little lower this season over your swimming costume or perhaps a tunic top, then do visit the long Chains Collection to maximise your accessory exposure!
Wishing you a fresh, cool and super shiny week ahead!
Love Sue xx